Hi everyone! So, March was a… well let’s just say it was an interesting month to say the least not just for me, but I’d say for the whole world. I’ve been out of school for over two weeks now and let me tell you, as a student, it’s difficult because we aren’t allowed to go to the hospital for clinicals, and I’m not looking forward to having to do this stuff online. At this point, we don’t know if we’re going to have summer classes because this stuff could last longer than me school thinks it is… ANYWAY, back to my March reading and stuff.
Like many of y’all out there reading this post, I thought I was going to get A LOT of reading done during this quarantine. When between my boredom, worrying about school, and 50 thousand other things, I really didn’t (and still kind of right now) feel like reading. I really think that if I didn’t have school to worry about and have almost and assignment a day due, I would be a lot more motivated to read, but it is what it is.
Also, I reached over 1000 followers on Instagram which is absolutely mind boggling and get an average of about 250-300 like per photo?! I know mind blown *insert the little emoji*.
I finished 6 books, which I feel like is a good number given everything that has been happening. All of which I happened to review and a few of them even have playlists with them *queue confetti*. Out of my year and however many months, I’ve never done this before so that’s something!
- Duty Bound by Christina Bauer
- Lincoln by Christina Bauer
- Trickster by Christina Bauer
- All My Love, Alec Brock by Larissa Lopes
- The Third Sun by Victoria J. Price
- Crave by Tracy Wolff
So, I bought a couple of books this month… nothing to crazy because I didn’t buy any from Book Outlet (although they had a couple of sales and promotions that ALMOST made me cave and buy $35 + in books). But I bought some books from target because I had to preorder 5SOS’ new album and of course had to get a couple of books so I could get free shipping. Then I bought some books on amazon one night at 11 right before I went to bed *hahaha*. Do I feel bad about buying these books? Nope. Should I have bought them? Well… that depends on who you ask considering that massive quantity of unread books in my room. Anyway, onto the books I got!
- Adorkable by Cookie O’Gorman
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- The Upside of Falling by Alex Light
- Tainted Romance by Simone Elise
- Hunted by Mila Young
- Draco by Autumn Reed & Julia Clarke
As you can see, I got quite an array of books. The majority of them are contemporary, and I also got a few RH books because YOLO (and I haven’t bought any of those in a while)
Posts from This Month:
- Book Reviews: I finally made a page that contains all of my book reviews as of February! I’ve been wanting to so this for a while now since I have a good number of reviews and thought it would be a lot easier to see what I’ve read and reviewed! I also mentioned the reviews that have playlists!
- An update about where I was towards the end of Feb: the last half of February was crazy busy for me! I felt like I needed to step back from the internet and blogging because of school and life had to go into overdrive at that moment.
- Top Ten Tuesday
- JLA Unboxing: Y’all, I really can’t tell you how happy I was to get this box! This particular box was created around the Lux and Origin Series by JLA (also curated by her), and it was like seeing my favorite books come to life in these items!
- Monthly Unboxings:
- Chain of Gold Unboxing
- Blogging Award
- Songs That I Can Listen to on Repeat:
- Writing a Story While at Home: yes, my boredom has reached a whole new level for me to start writing. Well, I’m making it sound like writing is a chore, but I don’t have any plans of becoming an author (although that does look like a good option right now). But I had a dream one night and it was really interesting, and I wanted to make a story of it! While writing this first part, I forgot how much fun it was to sit down and write!
- Keep It or Toss It: I decided that it was time for me to start to go through the years of TBR books on goodread and decided which of them still interested me and I could see myself reading in the future
- Book Box and Bookish Sub Recs
Happy reading until next time,