Hi everyone! Hope y’all are doing well! This week I’ve been chilling because I have a small break off from school before the summer semester starts! I’ve been able to finish When I Found You and To Carve a Fae Heart and write a post about caring for chickens and incubating eggs!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl), reasons why I love…
Other TTT for This Month:
Other posts similar to today’s prompt: Reasons I love reading
- The smell of them: you can tell me that the smell of a worn out book from the library doesn’t instantly bring you happiness or walking into a bookstore without a coffee shop and being surround by the scent of paper doesn’t make your day better.
- Decorating and annotating them: I think it’s one of those simple things to enhance the beauty of books by changing them up from having painted/sprayed edges, different dust jackets, and dare I say writing in a book! I’m to much of a wimp to write in my books, but it’s a way to make books personalized.
- Having bookcases to show off you love: I love my bookcases because it shows my different phases I’ve had as a reader and one of the few things that I like to show off! Besides having books having books on there, I have things like my diploma and other bookish things that I love to look at.
- Being able to feel the weight of a book: There’s something so reassuring about being able to hold books. Being able to just hold your book to your chest after you read a sweet scene or seeing the tear marks on the page as you read, just makes reading more real during those emotional moments.
- Feeling accomplished after reading a thick book: I know that there’s a certain amount of accomplishment of reading a long book on your ereader, but there’s something so satisfy and rewarding about being able to read a huge book cover to cover and close it when you get done.
- Flipping through the pages: it’s therapeutic in a way to be able to flip through the pages of a book and see the words on the page blur are they turn. Plus, cracking the pages of a book with freshly painted pages is so satisfying.
- Less distractions: do y’all know how many distractions there are on my ipad? One second I’m reading a book then the next I’m scrolling through twitter. With a physical book, I’m able to focus better.
- Having the book fall on your face while laying in bed, reading with a flashlight, or getting a paper cut: sure 2 out of the 3 don’t sound the best, but I feel like they’re a right of passage of sorts for book nerds
- I don’t have to worry about my battery dying leaving me hanging while reading or having to worry about carrying a charger because all I need is a light bit of light and I’m able to read.
What are some bookish things you love? Let me know below!
Plus, I recently started a bookstagram engagement group to help beat the algorithm! If you’re interested DM the account!
Happy reading until next time,