Hi everyone! Happy July the 1st (not that it’s a holiday… well I think it’s Canada Day but I’m not sure) but we made it through another month of 2020.
Last month, I didn’t post a May wrap-up/haul because class had started back up, and I just didn’t have time to write this post and it got to a point where I decided to just go ahead and do May and June together.
Most of May and June was busy with studying and I only had like a week and a half off between semesters but I had so much work with reading that I didn’t really have any time to decompress from anything.
Between May and June, I had to read a lot of books for blog tours and ARC reads for different authors/groups, so there was never a slow reading moment while taking a break from school and studying. But, it also made a lot of the reading feel like work even when I was enjoying the story because I was working against a deadline to have a review up.
I’d say that I enjoyed about 95% of the books I had read. There were two books that I finally decided to DNF (Private Lessons and Control Freakz). My DNF review for Control Freakz will be up within the next couple of weeks because I didn’t dislike it; it just wasn’t for me and I couldn’t make my self read anymore.
My reviews for the books are linked to the title!
- The Best Mistake by Cookie O’Gorman
- When I Found You by K. Leah
- To Carve a Fae Heart by Tessonja Odette
- Control Freakz by Michael Evans
- My Summer of Love and Misfortune by Lindsay Wong
- The Raven and the Dove by Kaitlyn Davis
- Lupine by Hanleigh Bradley
- Calluna by Jewels Arthur
- The Kinder Poison by Natalie Mae
- Royal Decoy by Heather Frost
- Infiltrate by Cali Mann
- Willow by Elena Gray
- Devilishly Damaged by Abigail Cole
- Private Lessons by Cynthia Salaysay
- Tiger Lily by May Dawson
I bought some books online from Book Outlet and they’re in transit right now but I wanted to go ahead and mention the books now instead of waiting another whole month.
- The Academy by Katie Sise
- The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen
- Better than the Best Plan by Lauren Morrill
- Dark Souls by Paula Morris
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
- The Shortest Distance between Love and Hate by Sandy Hall
- How to Speak Boy by Tiana Smith
- Bookish Boyfriends by Tiffany Schmidt
- Winterspell by Claire Legrand
- The Girl with the Broken Heart by Lurlene McDaniel
- Virtually Yours by Sarvenaz Tash
- Watch Over Me by Mila Gray
I also bought some bookmarks back in May from JKB Designings and they came a couple of days ago! I’m also an influencer for Jovana and you can use LAUREN10 to save on your purchase!
- I reopened my bookstagram engagement group!!! I had closed it shortly after there was some hate from the larger accounts (as in those with thousands of followers) and felt like it was safe enough for me to reopen my group! There’s still plenty of room if you’d like to join! It’s a like engagement group for active bookstagrammers (as in you post 2 or more times a week)! For the rules click here.
- I also recently reached 1500+ followers on Instagram and 700+ followers on my blog! Both of these things are absolutely mind blowing to me.
- Unboxings: OwlCrate April, May, and June || LitJoy April and May || FairyLoot March, April (& May Bookish Box), and May || Bookish Box April || World of Kiera Cass || Chain of Gold || Fae Crate April and Iron Fey
- TTT: Things I’d Have at My Reading Party || Books I Recently Put Down || Reasons I Love Physical Books || Favorite Opening Lines || Books Most Everyone Has Read But Me
- Tags: Quick Fire/Bookish Baking || Stay at Home/10 Bookish Questions || Mid Year Freak Out
- Random: How to Care for Pet Chickens || October 2020 Releases || 5 Star Books
- Awards: Mystery Blogger || Real Neat Blog/Vincent Ehindero
Happy reading until next time,