Hi everyone! I’m here with my August book haul/wrap-up (and some life updates)!!! I can’t believe that it’s already September! I think there just over 100 days until Christmas?! It’s crazy that this year has gone by so fast! In August I read four books which it’s terrible considering I started nursing school in the middle of August. I also finished my goodreads challenge of 50 books, and I’m super excited.
If you have read some of my posts, then you know a little bit about how nursing school has been going. This week is the beginning of my 4th week (almost to the one month mark)!!! Right now we’re going over the basics, but we’re about to get into taking vital signs, patient assessment, med calculation and administrations! Plus, I’ve made a guy friend!!! Yes, you read that right! I don’t know how it happened because I that quiet person that keeps to herself (ok fine, we were assigned in groups of twos to do interviews and ended up talking for about two hours – the time allotted for the interview/care plan). I’ve also made another friend and talk to some people during skill lab! Your shy little book nerd is slowly coming out of her shell!
Since school has started, I’ve noticed a pattern in my posting which I thought I’d share with y’all. Mondays are a hit or miss, Tuesday is weekly releases (and sometimes Top Ten Tuesday depending on the topic and if I have time to write it), and Thursday and Friday is when I seem to post more because that is when I have a little down time. Then there’s unboxings, but they are normally towards the mid to later part of the month, and I try to get the up asap. Bookstagram is a whole other story *haha*. In other words, I’m just trying to take things day by day on both my blog and bookstagram! Also, I’ve become an influence for a bookish candle shop!!! I know, it’s so exciting! I should have a coupon code for y’all to use if you’re interested!
- Phoenix by Autumn Reed and Julia Clarke
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (absolutely LOVED it)
- As She Fades by Abbi Glines (also loved it, and it made me cry so hard)
- First Days by C. L. Stone (reread #3)
So I once again fell into the black hole known as Book Outlet because I bought 12 books after I came home from orientation one evening, and I knew that I wouldn’t have time to read them any time soon, but YOLO!
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye
- On the Edge by Can Diepen
- Trusting You and Other Lies by Nicole Williams
- The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garci
- Frozen Reign by Kathryn Purdie
- The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
- Summer of the Geek by Piper Banks
- The Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills
- The Season of You and Me by Robin Constantine
- Hearts Made for Breaking by Jen Klein
Have you read any of these books? I kind of want to start Hearts Made for Breaking soon!
Happy reading until next time,